Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Like a Stone I Fall Into Your Eyes

Back's all done!

It's a lot of stockinette. So much so that I'm a little bored with it, and I'm dragging my feet to get started with the front, as it is basically the same, with different shaping at the top. It's a good thing I have absolutely no interest in making socks, because I'm almost certain that I would have second sock syndrome.

Here is a list I have compiled of hopes that I have for this sweater:

1. I hope I made the armholes the right way.

2. I hope it fits. And not only that, but I hope that it's flattering. Because quite frankly, I have no interest in an unflattering sweater. I can buy an unflattering sweater if I want one. Which I don't.

Shaping on the sides, intended to make it flattering. We shall see.


3. I hope the front and the back match up. I almost made this on circular needles because it eliminates the procrastination that ensues after finishing the back and before finishing the front, and also because it guarantees that both sides will be even. Well, with any luck anyway.

Marshmallow marveling the hem at the bottom, hoping as much as I am that it will match the hem on the front.


4. I hope that I didn't make the wrong yarn choice. I spent lot less on yarn that I could have, or maybe should have, and I hope that it doesn't result in an ass-y sweater.


5. I hope that it really is machine wash- and dry-able, as the label says. I will be royally peeved if it is not.

Anyway, as some incentive to finish this sea of stockinette, I picked out my next project (I can't do more than one project at once. I would never finish anything. Ever.):

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=105&d_id=9&lang=en

Pretty, no?

I like it because it looks a lot like Juliet, only:

1. It is free.

2. On the model, it is pink. Which doesn't really matter in real life, but it Susan's life it makes all the difference.

3. It is free.

4. It is prettier, at least in my opinion, which in this case is the only one that matters. So there!

Now on to non-knitting news...

It still feels like Spring! It's subject to change of course, but I'm crossing my fingers that it won't. Probably so many fingers that I'm reversing the effect. Granted, it's still, like, 20 degrees out in the morning and my hands are still so dry that no amount of lotion seems to stop them from getting all red and cracked, but the afternoons are downright warm. So warm in fact that who knows how much clothing my grandmother will wear!

Marshmallow the superhero.


Song of the Day:

"Throw a stone and watch the ripples flow, moving out across the bay. Like a stone I fall into your eyes, deep into some mystery." -David Gray, "Please Forgive Me"

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I like that Drops pattern too! It's very much like Juliet, yet a touch softer or something.

The Dollars said...

Ohhh.. That is a cute pattern! I know what you mean about getting bored. That's why I HAVE to be knitting more that one thing at a time so I can switch back and forth. I do try to limit myself somewhat, though.

Anonymous said...

hey!
its rossola =]
so every morning in the car with BFF
we listen to 95.5 WRBU
and then we hear the sports report
and the intro says "kickboxing is the sport of the future!"
yes thats right
WBRU quotes lloyd dobler lol.

and so i every morning i basically think of DITR...
i believe those are the code letters =]

kayla said...

I like the Teddy Bear! He's cute :) 10 year olds love cute :)

kayla said...

Hey, I know you! I've seen you on blogstream, girlslife, and YouTube. Hi :)

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.