Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lover's in Love


I have finished the hem on the bottom of Holly, reaffirming my conviction that hemming is not all that much fun. I had to do it on Summertime Tunic too, only that was a little harder because it was sewn instead of knit together. But geez-a-loo, I can never get the sides to match up right. I start out okay, hemming strong, and then the next thing I know, I did something wrong and there's no more cast-on edge to hem to the three stitches that remain on my needles!
That sounds like a poem.

Oh, and that reminds me. I bought 14" needles instead of 10" ones to do this sweater. I'm glad I did because I don't think all 92 stitches ever would have stayed on my 10"s, but I still feel like a cartoon character with intensely exaggerated needles. It definitely will not fit in my Vera Bradley for transport to Boyfriend's house. I'll have to break out the Eddie Bauer tote that I got on sale at one of the outlet stores and that's bigger than some suitcases.

I could probably fit a puppy in it.

Yes, Pharmacy Pete and Shelly. That was, in fact, directed to you.

In other entirely unrelated, yet still super exciting, news...

SPRING!!!

It feels like it.

It was so warm outside yesterday that I was outside with a short sleeved Dream School t-shirt on, and no coat. NO COAT!

But, alas, the undisclosed location that I am from is notorious for being fickle, and today it was chillier. Not cold by any stretch of my fine-honed imagination (oh... guess who just found a new favorite phrase...), but not as balmy.

I celebrated by wearing my Summertime Tunic to school, only it didn't feel very summery on account of I had to wear it under a sweatshirt in order for it to be school appropriate.

Damn the school and their pesky dress code that prohibits girls from becoming the kind of not-so-nice girls they were destined to become!

So yeah. Spring. I like it.

It has been brought to my attention that Rossola has been "recruiting" people to come read my blog. If this is you, welcome! And thank you. And also, SUBMIT TO THE LIT! You know how, there are posters all over the school. I know. I helped hang them up.

Song of the Day:
"This woman was singing my song: lover's in love, and the other's run away, lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay." -Lisa Loeb, "Stay (I Missed You)"

1 comment:

The Dollars said...

"Some of us hover when we weep for the other who was dying since the day they were born, Well."

Awww... I love Lisa Loeb! I was in middle school when she came out and we all HAD to have her CD. Memories...

I love the color you're doing your sweater in! It looks even more purple in these pictures than the others. What pattern are you doing? Did I miss it? Oooo.. I'll look it up on Ravelry.

P.S. My username is MichaelaDollar