Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Might Have Been Turned Around

I don't understand the people who are like, "Well, I had a spare couple of hours today, so I decided to knit something up quick. Here are the pics of the sweater and two pairs of socks that I made, plus the sleeves of a cardigan."

Seriously?

How do people go so fast? Summertime Tunic is taking me forever.

Or maybe that's just because I'm amidst a sea of endless stockinette.

Or maybe it's just that there really is something to be said for continental knitting. Tack that on to the list of knitting things I can't do: continental, fair isle, lace.

I'll get there. Lace is on my to-do list.

But really. I can never believe it when people have lists of all of the things they made in 2007, or whatever, and there are, like, 100 bajillion sweaters. How?!?!?!

Oh! I signed up for an invitation to Ravelry! I can't wait! There's only like 6000 people before me! I also can't believe how many exclamation points I can use in one paragraph!

I've been writing things for school all day. I have apparently reached my limit. Hence the short sentences and abundance of punctuation. I'm going to quit before I bring in the semi-colon, or do something else equally crazy.

Song of the Day:
"You might have laughed if I told you, you might have hidden a frown. You might have succeeded in changing me, I might have been turned around." -R.E.M., "Leaving New York"

1 comment:

Octopus Knits said...

I need to learn to knit continental, too... and fair isle (especially since it seems easier to do fair isle if you can knit continentally with one hand and english with your right)!

Thanks for your nice comment about my Tilted Duster (and my cat!). Hope to see some photos of your Summertime Tunic eventually : )

P.S. Your hippy posts (ducks and shaving legs) crack me up!