Saturday, February 2, 2008

Thoughts Seem to Scatter

Where did January go? Even though this past week was, like, the longest week ever, it still seems like January should have been longer. And on that note, why aren't the new MagKnits patterns for February up yet? As I mentioned before, I never really like too many of the patterns on MagKnits, except for maybe Holly. I just like to see what's new.

I'm starting to get scared that my Summertime Tunic not's going to fit. I mean, it looks really, really small. I'm trying to tell myself that it's because it's still on the needles, which makes it seem smaller. I'm not entirely sure if that's right or not, but I don't need anyone to correct me on that. It's just to prevent me from abandoning the tunic all together.

In other, slightly more intelligent news:
My fellow editors-in-chief and I spent a good hour going over all of the submissions that we received for the high school lit mag. Some of them are really good, but most of them are just miserable. I had no idea that my high school was so filled with secretly-emo kids.

I understand that writing is a way of venting. I get it. I really do. But why do you have to show people what you vent about? That I don't get.

If I'm in a bad mood, I try not to write because I know that everything that comes out will be sad and angry and miserable, and when I go back and read it later, it will just put me in a bad mood all over again. This past week was particularly sucky, so I tried to avoid writing as much as my writer nature would allow.

Now, I understand if not everyone has that point of view. If you're in a bad mood and need to vent, than by all means, write if it helps you and doesn't make you feel worse later on. But why feel the need to submit it to a high school literary magazine, where other already emotionally unstable teenagers will read it?

I can't know. I just wish people would be happier. Maybe the world would be in better shape if our world leaders just got a good night's sleep, ate more Skittles, and weren't mad at each other all the time.

Song of the Day:
"I've been trying to get down to the heart of the matter, but my will gets weak, and my thoughts seem to scatter." - Don Henley, "The Heart of the Matter"

No comments: