Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Scream at the Top of my Lungs, What's Going On

Well, if this isn't coming along just swimmingly...

Yes, it is very roll-y on the bottom, and no, I don't have any idea how to remedy that, as I have proven before, seeing as BFF's birthday scarf is still very, very curly.

I made a little tiny sample of BFF's scarf so that I could experiment on the rolliness without ruining the actual thing. I blocked it... and nothing happened. So Shelly decided to iron it.


If you'll notice, it is still a little curly, and the stitches look smooshed and have lost all definition and stretchiness. Shelly, however, can't understand why I don't want the actual scarf to suffer the same fate as the poor innocent swatch.

I guess that's why the label specifically specifies not to iron the crappy acrylic. Ooohh.....

I think it's a better idea for the scarf to roll up into itself than it is for it to fall at the hand of Shelly's iron. At least this way I can say, "Oh, BFF, it's supposed to look like that. It's a skinny scarf. And I'm pretty offended that you didn't know that!"

Yes. That is obviously the best solution.

And in other breaking news... Boyfriend is gone for the weekend. And you know what that means! A whole weekend of booze, drugs, and new man meat.

Ew. I tried to make a funny, and it ended up just being gross. I am so not that person. I would clearly make a terrible hippie. My weekend is going to consist of homework, Summertime Tunic, and blowing up football shaped balloons for Super Bowl Party go-ers.

But you know what? That sounds so much better than all the hippie stuff.

Oh, and do you like my new ducks?
I got them on account of they look just like Boyfriend and me. Except for the part where we're not actually ducks, or yellow, or have beaks. And also he doesn't play a guitar yet, and if he did, it would be acoustic because I told him that would be hotter. And also I'm clearly not as good of a hippie as this duck is. This duck is probably wing-deep in LSD. I am elbow-deep in Berroco Comfort DK. I think I got the better end of that deal.

Song of the Day:
"And so I wake in the morning and I step outside and I take a deep breath and I get real high and I scream at the top of my lungs, what's going on?" - 4 Non-Blondes, "What's Up"

No comments: