Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We Sure Are Cute For Two Ugly People

I decided to do this blog because I just saw Juno. And besides being one of the best movies ever (next to Say Anything, course), I heard the writer, Diablo Cody, say in an interview that she was a stripper, writing a blog about stripping, and someone read it and asked her to write a screen play. Not about stripping.

I am not a stripper. I promise. And I don't expect that someone important will read this blog and decide, "Oh, that's it! Get her in here and get her published." In fact, Diablo Cody is the only person that I've ever heard of that happening to. But regardless, I figured that it can't be a bad idea to have this mode of expression, where I can practice writing for an audience.

Here's the deal-i-o... writing is my passion. Knitting is my interest. One of the many. I go to high school, I get good grades, I bide my time until graduation. I've been accepted into one of the best writing colleges in my area (which is filled with good schools to begin with) for creative writing. Which is super.... too bad I need to find the money. Anyone who would like to pay to send me to college is more than welcome to!

No takers? Hmm... I'm shocked.

I live with my parents, Pharmacy Pete and Shelly, and my little brother, who I most commonly refer to as "Little Buddy." I have a boyfriend, who will hereby be called "Boyfriend," who I love very much.

Blah blah blah... all that stuff.

I also blow up balloons and assist customers, a.k.a. "party guests," in purchasing party supplies.
When I'm not working, I'm writing. When I'm not writing, I'm knitting, on account of the methodical movements of knitting give me the opportunity to think of new ideas to write. And also cables really impress people. Like, more than they should.

And I always have a song stuck in my head. Always. Usually all it takes is someone saying one word to me, and I launch into a song that somehow incorporates that word. Today the song is from Juno, by the Moldy Peaches, called "Anyone Else But You." It's a Juno kind of day!

I know. You are all marveling at my amazingness. Please, try to contain yourselves.

Song of the day:
"Here is the church and here is the steeple. We sure are cute for two ugly people." - Moldy Peaches, "Anyone Else But You

No comments: