Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Never Liked Your Hair

You know what gets my goat?

The fact that I'm planning on spending over a hundred thousand dollars to learn how to write better because writing is my passion, and the fact that I am one of the three editors-in-chief of my high school's literary magazine, and yet, now that my submission for the lit mag is due in two days, not only have I not even thought about starting it, but I have no idea what to write about.

This is supposed to be what I do. I am supposed to be a writer with some knitting and balloon creations thrown in. And yet...

Maybe it's due to the fact that I spent the better part of the past three months forming an advertisement campaign to convince other people to submit to the lit that I forgot that I'm supposed to submit as well. Or maybe it's that I've gotten so caught up in scarves and summertime tunics that I've lost all interest in anything else for a minute. But I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Little Buddy is in the next room over plucking on a damn guitar that has 35 year old damn strings that need to be damn tuned, and every time I yell at him to stop he gets LOUDER!

No. I'm sure it's not that.

Speaking of gee-tars, Boyfriend keeps talking about getting one and taking lessons, to which I can only say, "Hell-a yes!" I have such a thing for boys with guitars. Oh, and it's good to learn an instrument because it helps you improve in other areas of your life. Or at least that's what the letter the superintendent of our school sent out today said. That, and you're not supposed to watch more than two hours of non-educational television a day.

Yup. Break out the Bill Nye.

Also, I feel as though having a guitar-playing boyfriend will help to complete my transformation into hippie-dom. Because, honestly, I think I would have made a good hippie if I was born a few dozen years earlier. I like peace, not a big fan of war, I'm becoming increasingly interested in making my own clothes, and I believe that if my curls were manageable, they'd be boring, which has to fall into the hippie philosophy somewhere.

I'm not so hopped up about the idea of drugs, and free love, and not showering, and communes. But other than that I could totally be a hippie.

Oh, and hemp. I'm not a fan of hemp.

Maybe the word I'm looking for is Democrat. But I'm too much of a hippie to believe in labels.

Song of the Day:
"And I never liked your hair, or those people that you lie with, but I'm not satisfied until I hold you tight." - The Killers, "Leave Your Bourbon on the Shelf"

No comments: