Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Concrete All Around

So.... guess how many people came into to my balloon gig on Monday? Go on, guess.

That's right! Five. Maybe. If that. And two of them were returning things. I guess people just aren't devoted enough to party planning to risk their lives driving in a not-even-that-bad-anymore-the-roads-are-mostly-cleaned-up snow storm. Go figure.

I did get to stock Easter stuff, though. And I will say this - there is a lot of crap you can buy to make your Easter Egg Hunt super special. For instance, a can of white spray paint that they jack up the price on because they call it "Easter Egg Hunt Starting Line Paint." Or something to that idiotic effect.

But at any rate, that means spring is coming soon, and I am super glad. How in love am I with this? And it's a free pattern, which just about rocks my socks right off my feet. Speaking of which, I keep meaning to try to make socks. I just have too many projects going right now. Scarves take up a crap load of time!!!!! I keep saying I'm not going to make anymore, and then I do. Inevitably. Damn my lack of self-restraint.

Song of the Day:
"Now I've drunk a lot of wine and Im feeling fine, got to race some cat to bed. Oh is there concrete all around, or is it in my head." - Mott the Hoople, "All the Young Dudes"


No comments: