Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'll Just Write This Down

What is the matter with me? I have nothing else to do, and I have an idea all cooked up in my noggin, and yet I can't bring myself to sit down and write the story, due tomorrow mind you, for the lit mag. For my lit mag, no less, as I'm one of the editors.

And also I'm sad because I bound off BFF's birthday scarf, and all that is left to do is weave in the ends and find a way to block it, and I finished the swatch for my Summertime Tunic, so I have nothing to knit until that blocks.

It is a sad day when there is nothing to knit.

My gauge was a little off on my swatch. It was 24 stitches x 36 rounds per 4 in., and it's supposed to by 22 x 30. I don't think the rounds really matter that much though, because the pattern calls for you to knit for a certain number of inches, not a certain number of rounds. And I'm hoping the stitches will even themselves out with some good, old-fashioned blocking. I'm really hoping.

Grrr.... got to go write that damn story.

Song of the Day:
"I'll just write this down in hopes that you'll understand. I will no longer be disciplined by the frustrations of an insecure man." -Maria Mena, "Our Battles"

No comments: