Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is There Anybody Going to Listen to My Story?

So.... the aforementioned secret project?
Dashing, for Boyfriend.

And no I'm not finished. And no, it's not that I can't keep a secret.

Well, actually, that's partly it. I hate keeping secrets like that. Other people's secrets, I'm like a brick wall. I have references that will tell you just that. But fun secrets, like, "Hey, Boyfriend, remember those fingerless mittens I told you that I was going to make for you a few months back? Well, I'm finally making them now that the cold weather is coming to a close. Well, sort of. In a month or two."? That is not easy to keep. Especially considering that I do a lot of my knitting at Boyfriend's house.

So, you see, it's not that I'm a weak secret-keeper so much as it is I really wanted to work on them while Boyfriend and I watched Across the Universe.

Which, by the way, wasn't all that I thought it was going to be. It was a little too trippy for my taste. Though, I did like the roof scene, and especially the scene when Lucy turns around and bursts into "Blackbird."

And also, I totally called it that they were going to open the movie with "Girl." And I'm glad that "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was only the ending credits song, but I'm a little sad that they didn't use "Sexy Sadie." Unless I just missed that. Whatever.

Also, Summertime Tunic is officially done.
I have mixed feelings. It's pretty, but the ribbon isn't really working out as straps, and I don't know how practical it is. The top of it is pretty low-cut, so I have to wear a tank top underneath it, seeing as I am a nice girl, and don't want that to be mistaken.

And in other unrelated news, I just did a bad thing. I ate a cookie.

*Gasp*

I know!

No, but Boyfriend and I gave up all junk food for Lent. And I really haven't had a hard time doing it. It's just that Shelly just made chocolate cookies. From scratch. And they're warm. Warm.
So I ate one.
But it was so warm!
Song of the Day:
"Is there anybody going to listen to my story, all about the girl who came to stay? She's the kind of girl you want so much it makes you sorry. Still you don't regret a single day." -The Beatles, "Girl"

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Your tunic looks great!

Anonymous said...

I can't stop thinking about summertime tunic (for a few weeks now!) - the pattern is just calling out to me, and now seeing yours, I want to make it even more! Just need to buy yarn - pretty color you chose!

Happily Knit said...

summertime tunic = super cute! It fits you so well! : )

As for the movie, I just saw it on Friday and wasn't impressed with it either. I feel like the writer sat down with a list of songs and was like "how can I make an obscure story which will tie all of these together". hah. Great soundtrack though!

happy knitting :)

Anonymous said...

hey!
its rossola here ;)
so i love summertime tunic haha.
and BFF loves the scarf.
and i love across the universe..
well soundtrack is better than the movie.
but i still love it =]

Anonymous said...

That top is super cute!! I think it looks really cute with the tank top underneath.

P.S. I saw your blog on the teen knits ravelry group.