Wednesday, February 6, 2008

There's Only Butterflies

Reason #368 that I wish I were a hippie:
Hippies don't have to shave their legs.

Guess how many times I accidently cut myself shaving my legs today. No less than 6. And guess how many times I wished that I had never shaved my legs in the first place. Go on. Guess.

Every single time I've shaved my legs during my entire leg-shaving career.

If I was a hippie, I wouldn't have this problem. Hippies are all like, "Hey man, whatever. Don't shave your legs if you don't want to. Just as long as it doesn't start a war or anything." Then they go smoke something illegal. Or, the real kind of hippie does, anyway. The kind of hippie I would be would go knit something. Something legal, of course.

If I went by Shelly's advice, the answer is not "Go be a hippie," the answer is "Be more careful next time."

This is clearly a classic case of Shelly just not knowing what she's talking about.

And in knitting news...

Summertime Tunic is looking pretty beautiful.

(Pictures to follow. If I feel like it. Actually, it looks the same as last time, just with another inch or so of ribbing, then six inches of stockinette. Use your imagination.)

Except for that I still don't know if it's going to be too small or not. I'm kind of banking on the fact that it's stretchy enough that it will fit anyway. I'm not that big.

Song of the Day:
"And there's no more lies. In the darkness, there's light. And nobody cries. There's only butterflies." -Natasha Bedingfield, "Pocketful of Sunshine"

1 comment:

a.aubin said...

you know
swimmers only shave their legs like once or twice a season....
I think you should seriously consider that option! haha :)